Building Control Inspections
The Building Regulations stipulates key stages in any building project where the Partnership should be notified. These are called statutory notifications. In addition we request notification at floor level and roof structure.
Choose an option
Commencement of work - at least two clear working day's notice
- Foundation excavation - at least one clear working day's notice
- Foundation concrete - at least one clear working day's notice
- Oversite preparation, - before laying concrete or floor units - at least one clear working day's notice
- Damp proof course - at least one clear working day's notice
- Foul and surface water drains before covering - at least one clear working day's notice
- Drains after covering notice - within five days
- Occupation - notice five days before occupation
- Completion of work - notice within five days
- Floor structure (non statutory)
- Roof structure (non statutory)
We will inform you when we acknowledge receipt of your application of the stages we wish to be notified. Inspection requests received before 15:00pm (weekdays) will be scheduled for the next day or the day requested, where possible.
Building Control Inspections:
Please book inspections either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or using our on-line Building Control Request Form
or by downloading and using the LABC App
or by sending a text, simply text the word Site followed by your site address, name and the inspection type required to:
07851 729 229
E.g. - SITE - 2020/1234 - 1 Ebley Mill, GL5 4ZZ - foundations - Dave
Inspection requests received before 15:00pm (weekdays) will be scheduled for the next working day, where possible. The Area Building Control Surveyor will give you a call before visiting site, with an approximate time the visit will take place. Please supply the following information to assist with your booking: Reference Number, Site Address, Your Name, Contact Telephone Number and Inspection being requested.
Completion inspections are booked on the next available day. You will be informed of the time of the inspection on the day of the appointment.
When your work is finished and a satisfactory final inspection has been carried out we will issue you with a completion certificate. These certificates are valuable evidence to show that the work has been checked for compliance with the Building Regulations. A completion certificate will be needed when selling your property or when raising finance so make sure you ask for a final inspection and get a completion certificate.
To ensure prompt issuing of the completion certificate the following tests and/or commissioning certificates may be requested by the Building Control Surveyor depending on the type of building and the extent of the work being undertaken:
- Fire alarm and detection system
- Emergency lighting
- Air leakage
- Automatic smoke ventilation
- Sound insulation
- Energy Performance Certificate